Final Announcement for AWOCS Founders` Meeting
This coming week, at least 18 people are expected to attend the Founders' Meeting for the Association of Waldorf-Oriented Charter Schools.
On Wednesday evening, February 22nd, you are invited to Thai Garden Restaurant, 4400 San Juan Ave, near the corner of San Juan and Winding Way, around 7:00 PM, for an informal dinner and social evening among AWOCS Founders' Meeting attendees.
The Founders' Meeting will begin the following morning, Thursday, February 23rd, at 9:00 AM at Rudolf Steiner College (RSC). On Wednesday, a notice will be posted in the RSC main office listing the room number for the meeting.
The agenda for the meeting includes the following:
- Assessment of the original impulse for creating this organization and the attempt at founding it two years ago.
- Canvassing of attendees to ascertain needs and establish the kind of support schools would most benefit from.
- Clarification of the role of AWOCS in relation to AWSNA.
- An Appreciation Inquiry, led by George Hoffecker, to explore participantsí visions for this new organization and to produce a mission statement that will guide the development of our work in the future.
- Creating infrastructure to carry out the work of the organization.
If necessary, a task force will meet again on Friday morning to finalize the founding of the Association of Waldorf-Oriented Charter Schools.
I look forward to seeing you.
Live Education! founding director